Quebec City is the home to the world’s largest winter carnival and is third on the list of top carnival’s in the world, which are Rio de Janeiro and New Orleans. The first winter carnival in Quebec City, the world’s snow capital, took place in 1894 and has been a tradition ever since. The inhabitants of “New France”, often faced with harsh winters, invented the winter event to celebrate the season and warm the hearts of all its revelers in the midst of the winter season!
Depart home for your journey to Quebec City. This afternoon meet your tour director for orientation and introduction to the city before enjoying a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. You will also receive a carnaval effigy upon arrival, which will allow access to the events and activities.
Start the day off feeling like a VIP while having breakfast at the National Assembly of Quebec – Parliament Building. After breakfast, enjoy a tour of the beautiful buildings. Discover the history and beauty of Quebec City while on an in-depth guided walking tour of the city with your tour director. This afternoon learn about Victorian etiquette while sampling traditional teas at the city’s first English language institute. After a busy day, unwind and get to know your fellow travelers better during a cocktail hour before dinner this evening.
Breakfast / Cocktail Hour / Dinner
Experience four centuries of history while having a silent breakfast, guided tour, and holistic activity at monastery in Old Quebec, which is a heritage haven of culture and wellness. Enjoy the view of all of Quebec City and area from a 30th floor revolving restaurant. The food, atmosphere, and company will surely excite the imagination! After lunch spend the afternoon exploring Place Carnaval. This evening be amazed by the spectacular Carnaval Parade!
Breakfast / Lunch
This morning depart on a private coach for a once in a lifetime luge and snowcat experience. You will be taken to the top of the mountain by snowcat then enjoy a 7.5 km guided sledding experience in the middle of a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. After sledding continue touring along the beautiful Beaupre Coast. You will visit a world-famous pilgrimage site, waterfall higher than Niagara Falls, and a traditional sugar shack. This evening enjoy a traditional meal at a sugar shack!
Enjoy one last phenomenal breakfast before some last-minute souvenir shopping. Say au revoir to your tour director and Quebec City.
Tour Dates & Pricing
Length: 4 Nights / 5 Days
Hotel: Hilton Quebec
Start: 5:30PM Lobby of Hilton Quebec
End: 1:00 PM Lobby of Hilton Quebec
Included on Tour
- Central first-class hotel accommodation
- Bell service at hotel (In & Out)
- 3 Breakfasts / 1 Lunch / 3 Dinners / 1 Cocktail Hour
- Resident, Full-Time, Fully Bi-Lingual, Uniropa Tour Director
- Specialty activities with a multitude of expert local guides
- All sightseeing and entrance fees as outlined on the itinerary
- Quebec Carnaval Effigy
- Internet at hotel
- All restaurant taxes and gratuities
- Hotel taxes and tourist fees
- Land transportation for touring outlined on the itinerary (if applicable)
- 24/7 Client Support
- White Glove Service
- Guaranteed departure with at least 6 guests
- Children 17 and under save $350
NOT Included on Tour
- Air or land transportation to/from the program
- Drinks & alcoholic beverages with meals
- Uniropa tour coordinator gratuities
- Meals beyond what is included
- Personal expenses
- Non-scheduled visits and activities